Southern California's premier motorsports and aftermarket parts specialist
Strategy, project management and development by Cameron Hermens
TAG Motorsports is a Southern California-based motorsports retailer. Not only do they sell high end, aftermarket parts, but they also do full builds on extremely expensive cars. They specialize in Audi, but they also get to play with BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche — you name it, and they probably possess the expertise to make your car look and perform really well.
I’ve had the pleasure of working with TAG since 2016, and I’ve seemingly touched every aspect of their website at one point or another. Back in 2016, we took over as TAG’s go-to developer and had to migrate their website from the previous developer’s hosting environment to a different one. We also set up local and staging development environments, a git repository and automated deployment scripts to ensure all future work on their website would be done within a best practiced, quality assured, and battle-tested workflow.
Somehow, their website wasn’t responsive when we took over, so that was one of our first responsibilities. We made sure TAG’s website was fully responsive on desktop, mobile and tablet devices:
After launching the responsive version of the website, we saw a considerably positive changes in conversion rate, bounce rate, average time on site and their organic SEO ranking. We’ve continued to work together in an ongoing capacity, including taking care of the following:
- Regularly developed and edited custom Magento templates to enhance website functionality and user experience, including admin-editable areas to make content updates easier for the client
- Developed custom gallery extension and migrated gallery photos from an older gallery extension
- Developed custom specials functionality, making it easier to add specials and hiding pricing from customer (“Call for pricing”)
- Performed regular maintenance, including application of security patches (SUPEE-8788 was particularly fun)
- Implemented various tracking scripts and custom tracking solutions
- Edited and maintained various custom microsites associated with the tagmotorsports.com domain, including a Laravel-powered payment system
- Assisted with content updates, including bulk exporting/importing of catalog data